Change Project Libre Install Directory in Windows 10

Hi, I had the problem of trying to change the Project Libre install directory from C:\Program Files to D:\Program Files. I have seen several posts with the same problem, but it didn’t seem like anyone had found a resolution. The following first suggestion worked for me, but the second, which I tried first, did not; this result was generated by the Bing AI:

[To change the default installation directory in Windows, you can follow these steps]

1. Press Windows Key + R then type regedit and hit Enter to open Registry Editor.
  2. Navigate to the following registry path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion.
  3. Make sure you have highlighted CurrentVersion and then in the right window pane double click on the ProgramFilesDir key.
  4. Change the default value C:Program Files to the path you want to install all your programs in.
  5. Click OK and Exit.

[Alternatively, you can change the default installation directory by going to Settings > System > Storage]

When running the installer, select custom installation, where there is an option to change the installation path. Uninstall it first, if it is already installed.

Or you can use Index of /si-gui/
download SETUP.EXE
the help is in the help folder.
With it you can download and install any version of LibreOffice anywhere.

Hi Mariosv, Great, thank you. I just downloaded the .exe file from the project libre site, the filename is: projectlibre-1.9.3.exe. With this installer, there wasn’t an option for a custom installation. When the file is run, it asks if you want to install Project Libre, and if you select “next”, it just starts doing it at the default Windows application directory. There isn’t a button option or an executable argument that seems to allow a custom install. Perhaps if I searched the sourceforge repository, I would come up with an alternate approach using the setup.exe. I actually hadn’t thought to do that. Perhaps that is better for most people, although, in my case, I really do want to change my OS default install path to the D: drive anyway. I should note I also did the same change for the ProgramFiles(x86) path as well.

Thank you.

You seem to be confusing Project Libre (www.projectlibre.com) with LibreOffice.

2 Likes

Don’t forget %APPDATA% where Microsoft “hides” application data, like user profiles including backups for LibreOffice, bookmarks and config for Mozilla, all my Thunderbird-mails… Maybe also your projectlibre has its share there…