Changing from word & excel to libreoffice

Changing computers. Old computer has word & excel loaded on it and have lots of word & excel docs. Will old docs transfer to new computer without word and excel, or only has libreoffice?

Two things here

1. Will old docs transfer? You, yourself have to copy across whatever you will need on to the new computer, office suites don’t do that
  2. You can open most spreadsheets, documents and other office formats in LibreOffice with no problem. VBA macros probably won’t work and there may be files that won’t open the same and possibly some that won’t open without some modification in MS Office first . They are different suites after all.

I would keep the computer with MS Office on it until you are satisfied that you won’t need it to open some files. I have one computer with MS Office on it so that if I do create a file in MS Office format I can check that it opens and formats correctly before I send it to a recipient who won’t run LO or OO.

I recommend that you look at this previous answer How do I move all of my microsoft files to office libre

I forgot to say that LO does not include an email client. If you rely on Outlook then you might need to find another. I use Thunderbird with a calendar addon and an address book synchonise addon but there are others out there