Clickable links on images in pdf

Hello

Can I add different external links to some images for my pdf document?

I found documentation about image-map tool, and its clickable hostspot area. However it seems to work for documents that are LibreOffice file, but not Pdf files.

is it the a good way, or is there another method to hide an external link behind an icon or a picture, that would work after exporting my document?

Hi; thank you for sharing your expertise.

Please follow the format of this site. It is an Ask site, where each topic starts with a question, followed by solution(s), and optionally by some comments that help improve the question and/or answer(s).

So please edit your post, and convert it to the description of the problem, as clear as possible, so that others, looking for solutions to similar/same problems, would recognize/understand the question; and then, separately, using the Suggest a solution button, provide your solution. Then please mark the solution using the green checkmark under it - that will allow people to not only see a familiar-looking text of question, but immediately see that it has an answer, and most important - an accepted answer.

Thanks.

I would like to mention that I didn’t try on other applications than Draw. I found this alternative solution for my issue.

• To keep a link activated from an image after an exportation to Pdf format, you must use this method:

• Click on the image or polygon form to select it, and in Insert tab > hyperlink .

Vice-versa, this method seems to not work in a document opened as LibreOffice file.
And it adds an hyperlink all over the frame area, unlike image-map that apply an hyperlink only on filled areas of frames (not transparent areas in Png images, nor polygons).

This topic tell this solution as well: How do I turn a small image into a hyperlink
And it’s probably due to a lack of experience, but it was really hard to find an answer in my search engine before I solved it by a bunch of attempts.

That’s why I would like to highlight the disambiguation about this two methods. In my opinion there is a missing mentioned “pdf” key word in the documentation, for topic concerning images, and hyperlinks.

Thank you.