Columns in calc are slightly narrower than in original .xlsx (5.0.3.2, All Platforms)

Hi, after noticing some cutoff text in an Excel .xlsx file I opened, I did some additional digging (checking row heights and cell widths) against the same file opened in excel. It turns out that the problem is caused by the fact that LO seems to have assigned slightly smaller column widths than in the original document. This seems to be very consistent, as I checked columns that didn’t have the cutoff problem (as they didn’t have text that wrapped, etc). For example a column that was 2.19" in Excel, was 2.02" LO when I opened the same source document. This just an annoyance when using LO interactively. However it’s a problem as we’re using LO’s command line to convert documents to PDF, and the ‘cutoff’ text in LO becomes overwritten text when you save to PDF.

I’ve checked this on Linux, OS X and Windows and see the same behavior. On OS X and Windows have run the comparisons against Excel, so the fonts, etc are the same, so I don’t think that’s the issue.

Any ideas?

Maybe some of this reported bugs: https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=column%20xlsx&list_id=576521