Copy of comment not working

Hi,

I have set comments on a range of cells, then I copy and paste to a new tab into the exact amount of cells, using Paste Special, then only Paste->[X] Comments] enabled. But no comment is copied.
I also tried with a single cell with a comment, but that comment is not copied either.
I’m working on a .xlsx file format. I can’t reproduce with a new fresh file.

How to reproduce:
Hours-Testproject_02.7.xlsx (74.6 KB)
On Tab 2024, cell C3, Copy, Paste-Special with comments only, nothing happens.

LibO version?
Operating System?
In my test with 24.8.0.3RC under Win10 using the proceeding you described the comment (and only the comment) was copied.
It was hidden of course in the target cell as it was in the source cell.
BTW: The useful comment indicators were nearly invisible in your
example.
Additional remark:
The comments (source cells as well as target cells) were “ornamented” with my own user data settings including my current date-time. This may be in consequence ot the alien storage “format” used.
Don’t use LibO as an xlsx-editor.

Version: 24.2.4.2 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 420(Build:2)
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 6.6; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: de-DE (de_DE.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Gentoo official package
Calc: threaded

My reported test was with UI:en-GB and locale en-CA.
I recently omitted V 24.2 and have no Linux system at hand, but I tested also with V7.5.4 (32-bit from a PortableApps package), and got the annotation (“comment”) copied and pasted . The insertion of my own data which I consider a bug was NOT made.
Hoping that somebody who can make additional tests (or has better ideas) can help you.
BTW: “hh:mm” isn’t a format for durations (though often misused for them), but for TOD.
To help that “somebody” two additional questions:
Was the file originally created with Excel (version) or …?
What’s the reason for using xlsx?

1 Like

I can confirm that comment pastes OK in 24.8.0.1 and 7.3.1.3 but not in 24.2.4.2.

24.8.0.1 due for release next week, ReleasePlan - The Document Foundation Wiki

Thanks for the reproduction and confirmation on 24.2.4.2. I`'m going to wait for the next version to be released then.

About hh:mm not being a duration but a time of day? What is the correct format to calculate with hours:minutes formats? For me all calculation works with my format.

Try calculating a period greater than 24 hours and you will see. Use [HH] for hours 0 to greater than 24; similar syntax for minutes and seconds.

See the Help

1 Like

My used format is [HH]:MM;-[HH]:MM;""
As you said, [HH] supports more than 24. So I don’t need to switch to hh:mm, or what did you mean?
I tried with 25:01 and display and calculation works.

it works also with Versions: 24.2.5.2 and 7.4.7.2

Has no brackets, so is limited to 24 hour range.