Create a Search Form

Hello, I am new to databases, creating forms, etc.

I downloaded LibreOffice as I found it pretty interesting and I have watched all the videos that had to do with Base. I kinda lost in the way though.

This is I want to do: create a simple Search Form. I made a table, imported all the data from the calc file, I have 14 fields (including the ID). I also created a form and a SubForm. I want to create a Search button and three Search Fields (Company, Model, Type) in the Form. Only the SubForm will include all 14 fields. For example: if I want to search via Company, I will write the name of the company in the Search Field Company in the Form, press the Search Button and the results to appear to the SubForm. Unfortunately I can’t make it work as I am missing something.

Would really appreciate any kind of help/answer.

Thank you in advance.

Ps. Can’t attach a picture as it says I need 3 points to do that!

This might give you some ideas. Be sure to download and try out the example the solution provides. (I am working on an improvement to this approach, and will post it here somewhere when I finally have it working. There is a way to make multiple, neat pull down boxes cleanly using the underlying BASIC language when I can finally get it to work.)

The basis for a search for is SQL. This link (click here) contains a sample search form in the question. The form provides ability to search on multiple fields and partial entries- Product Type = Apple returns all Apple entries but Product Type App does the same. Please refer to the answer for a couple of minor corrections.

If SQL (Queries) presents a problem Chapter 5 Queries of the Base handbook may help - click here.