Create table with auto-ID in embedded Firebird

Inspired by Power Up Your Database with Firebird Server & LibreOffice Base - YouTube and the official Firebird language reference, I try to create a simple list with a text and an auto-incrementing integer. Until now, I need to use Base’s table editor. The following SQL successfully creates the table, the sequence and the trigger.

CREATE TABLE "TBL" (
	"N" VARCHAR(32) NOT NULL,
	"ID" INTEGER NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY
);
CREATE SEQUENCE "GID_TBL" START WITH 0 INCREMENT BY 1;
CREATE TRIGGER "SET_TBL_ID" FOR "TBL"
ACTIVE BEFORE INSERT POSITION 0
AS
BEGIN
IF (NEW."ID" IS NULL) THEN
NEW."ID" = NEXT VALUE FOR "GID_TBL";
END

First problem: You have to execute the 3 statements one by one.
Second problem: This will not create a table where you can enter new records. In order to add a new list entry you have to issue the following statement:

INSERT INTO "TBL" SET VALUES ('First entry', NULL)

The trigger inserts a new ID value with ID = 1 (one above start value 0) (forgot PRIMARY KEY)

The resulting field does auot-increment but Base does not mark the field as <Auto Value> as it does when I used the table editor.
What are the statements to make an integer field auto-incrementing like Base’s table editor does?

Your method is still described in Firebird FAQ and it seems the newer keyword identity is translated in the same trigger-setup you used…
But starting with Firebird 3.0 your first problem seems solvable with
INTEGER generated by default as identity primary key

This solution is just “normal” SQL and I’m glad it works. The SQL suggested by the FAQ is equivalent to what I have tried. It is overly complex and not compatible with Base.
Thank you.