Cross shape acting oddly

Hi, I’m having an issue with draw.
Although I was able to make the cross shape narrower and rotate it, when I then try to make the rotated shape taller, two of the arms become thicker than the other two.
Is there any way to make it stay symmetric?

1. Hold down the Shift key while resizing. Or
  2. Select the cross, click Format > Position and size. In the position and size tab, under Size, tick the box Keep ratio and then enter a size in one of the size fields, OK
1 Like

That results in the shape changing/increasing size in both directions. I wanted to stretch it/increase only the height, yet keep it symmetric. Is there no way to do that?

It is not clear to me from your description what the shape should look like in the end.
Describe what the goal is.

I want it to look more like the letter X, less like the original cross shape. I did originally consider using an actual letter, problem was I couldn’t find a font where the X had the right proportions XD
(and, I don’t need any text beyond the X, I just want to cross out parts of an image)

The easiest way is to have two rectangles grouped together at 90° (or desired angle) to each other. When you enter the group, you can adjust each rectangle individually.

You could instead use a letter and distort it to suit

1 Like

I have written an X in a Text Box with 200pt, bold.
With the right mouse button I select Convert > To polygon from the menu.
Now I can drag the X as I like.

108619 HB X-Shape

108619 HB X-Shape.odg (12,3 KB)

Version: 24.2.5.2 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: bffef4ea93e59bebbeaf7f431bb02b1a39ee8a59
CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19045; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: de-DE (de_DE); UI: de-DE
Calc: CL threaded

1 Like

Ah, so that is possible, I didn’t know Draw has that feature XD
Transformed/converted the cross into a “polygon”, problem solved :slight_smile:

1 Like