Current documentation for LibreOffice programs is incredibly fragmented

I’ve discovered this while trying to find information on how to create Macros for a Jeopardy-style OTP template I’d like to make. I’ve found official LibreOffice pertaining to this topic on four separate occasions, some of which are incredibly outdated:

• Chapter 13 - Getting Started with Macros on books.libreoffice
  • Basic Macros on help.libreoffice
  • Chapter 13 - Getting Started with Macros on documentation.libreoffice
  • Information and resources for LibreOffice macros on wiki.documentfoundation

(I would post direct links, but I’m a new user and am only allotted a maximum of two.)

Having such out-of-date, fragmented, yet equally official-appearing resources makes it incredibly difficult for new users (such as myself) to get genuinely good and thorough information on the capabilities of LibreOffice.

I know open source projects don’t have all of the resources to maintain every non-technical aspect of their programs in tip-top shape, but I genuinely feel like this is a massive problem for a program so user-forward and non-technical as the LibreOffice suite of programs. Does LibreOffice have any “yearly goals” system like KDE does where I could recommend these resources be pruned? There should really only be a single official website that is consistently maintained to have rich and up-to-date information, otherwise it feels like the program is just a mish-mash of unreliable tooling. At least, that’s the vibe a user gets from multiple non-maintained official documentation sources.

You can help improve this.

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Macros

The first and the third are the same; having a book is orthogonal to the help system; and wiki helps to bring it all together. All of them are updated and maintained … so this is just a nonsense “question” (suggestion to drop something, just because there are different formats) here.

Any constructive help is welcome.

1 Like

I didn’t mean to come off as unconstructive; if this was the case, I apologize! I wasn’t sure where to field thoughts like this, and this was the only official LibreOffice forum I found (besides an IRC chat, which I don’t know how to use.)

I appreciate the link; I’ll see if there’s any valuable help I can provide!