Delete duplicate data comparing data from another document

I copied both columns of data into a new spreadsheet and it worked. So now to figure out what might be wrong with my spreadsheets that is preventing the formula from working…

Is there something other than COUNTIF that I might be able to try using a different method? I saw an old message using TRANSPOSE that might possibly work if I knew how to properly use it in this case.

Yes, there are many functions that would solve this problem - COUNTIF() just came to mind first.

=ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A2; C:C; 1; 0))

=ISERROR(MATCH(A2; C:C; 0))

=SUMPRODUCT(A2 = C:C) = 0

Also you can select both lists (if it in one sheet) and choose Format - Conditional, set condition “Cell value is not duplicate” and choose predefined style Error (just for example) - all unique values in column A will be red.

Or you can transfer the data from these two lists to the database, as shown in this video and create a query like

SELECT "Table1"."New List" FROM "Table1" LEFT OUTER JOIN "Table2" ON "Table1"."New List" = "Table2"."Original List" WHERE "Table2"."Original List" IS NULL

I was thinking… if one formula wouldn’t work then likely no formula would work. I thought back to the “text” causing the formula not to work comment and went in and highlighted the entire document and formatted Number to -1234.57 instead of “General” and now your formula works. Thanks for your patience and all your help!