Delete empty space in table

I have a 1 row x 2 col table. The table runs about halfway down Page 2; the bottom half of Page 2 is empty. There’s a Page 3 with an empty table (part of the preceding table) which I cannot delete. How do I delete that?

To be able to help, please specify the LibreOffice version and the file format used. Thank you for your help.

And upload a sample file containing the problem here.

LO version: 24.8.0.3

As bet as I can tell, the file is in standard .odt format.

Here’s the file:

My Apps.odt (35.9 KB)

Thanks for the file.
There was an attachment to the first table on p.3.
It could be removed with Delete rows.

109817 HB My Apps.odt (35,9 KB)

IMHO, a table in not the best way to create your list (lists in Writer are always multi-level). Indeed, your data is not tabular “by nature”; you want newspaper-like columns where text flows automatically into next column when you reach the bottom of the page.

Replace your table by a 2-column section. You can even choose spacing between the columns.

And for your formatting comfort, learn how to use styles instead of accepting “technical” Default Paragraph Style (which is not intended at all to decorate any text) and doing everything manually, including vertical spacing and horizontal indenting…

Default Paragraph Style is supposed to host your preferred attributes which will be forwarded to all other styles.

Thanks. The row is gone, but I’m still lookinat an unneeded page. I remember one time I had a similar problem, and was able to view the document in a way that let me delete the extra page. Does anyone remember that format?