I have a spreadsheet with hundreds of rows with several columns of cells that have a drop-down list with either ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ as options. Each of these cells is also formatted to be green for ‘Yes’ and red for ‘No’. If I don’t use the right-hand arrow with the mouse to chose from the list and instead start typing into the cell with the 1st letter of ‘y’ or ‘n’ (upper or lower case), the cell will fill with the rest of either word. This has worked just fine for a long time for every cell… up until recently. Now, in my new unfilled cells (and even in all previously filled cells above in the same columns, when I change the input), there are several cells in each row (always in the same columns) that will not complete the word when the 1st letter is typed. If I move to the next cell with only that 1st letter I get my preset conditional error message and the cell remains empty, and if I finish typing the word the 1st letter will not automatically capitalize and the conditional background color does not change to green or red. Whats even stranger is that each one of these screwy cells only does this with one or the other (Yes or No), never both. Again, this is only happening in 4 or 5 of the 12 columns. All of the other cells are working just as they always have.
I have tried everything I could think of and searched every LiberOffice help for a cause for this with no success. Could use some guidance here. Thanks