Editing a subform or adding an existing one in LO Base

I am aware a question similar to this has been asked, but what I want has NOT been answered.

I create a form using the wizard. In the course of that it asks me whether I want to create a subform. I say yes. Fine. The subform is created, the master/slave fields linked.

Now I want to edit this subform. Unlike the main form this subform is not named in list of “Forms” on the main screen. In the case of a “grid table” subform I can (in edit view) adjust the widths of the columns. I can also add a field. But I can’t seemingly remove a field.

Not unrelated: I would in fact prefer to create a SEPARATE subform, as a form in its own right, and then link this somehow in the main form. At least that way I would obviously have complete edit control over the subform because it would be an editable object in its own right. But having messed around for ages with the Form Navigator I can see absolutely no way of doing this. Is it possible?

Hello,
Not certain I understand your question as I have not had the occasion to see this process without the sub form being on the navigator.
Using the sample in this post > Can a database be used to keep track of running dates? and the process you note, here is the navigator for the form/subform:

The subform is clearly shown and can be edited or it contents (left mouse click on arrow to its left).
You can create many main forms. By doing so you will not be able to link to one another. I see no need for this.
For the grid control, in edit mode, right mouse click on a column header and you can Delete column or edit it with Column:

To add a column, right click on an empty space of the header:

Edit:
Just occurred to me you may be referring to this screen:
Screenshot at 2022-03-28 18-39-28
This is one of the confusing items in LibreOffice (there are others similar). These are the external form names. They have nothing to do with the internal form or subform names. They each use the word Forms but have different meanings - internal & external. Opening this in edit mode (right mouse click on external form name & select Edit) allows editing access to all internal forms, sub forms,sub sub forms, etc. contained in the external form. This is where the Form Navigator is helpful.

1 Like