English dictionary not installed on libreoffice 4.3.4.1

Hi, i have been trying to solve this for days, no searches i did helped.
My Libreoffice installation does not seem to have an English dictionary at all.
i have checked if aspell is installed and it is, i have an extension for the Norwegian spellcheck and that works, and i also have the aspell dictionary for Norwegian installed.
i noticed that there’s a check next to the Norwegian dictionaries in the list, but none next to the English US (or other languages for that matter).
i looked to see if i could find an extension download for English US and i found the one from April 2011 but there’s no download on the page…

[edit]
I’m running Antergos Linux (pulling Libre from the Arch repo’s ).

4.3.4.1 is ancient. Arch, being a source code-based distro should have something newer.

You didn’t mention your OS. For Windows you go to Control Panel>Programs and Features, select LibreOffice from the list, click on it, top of the window click on Change. LO starts the re-installation, select Modify and Custom and then you can select all dictionaries you want. Finish the installation.

EDIT: While the Win installer has all the languages included, you find additional languages for Linux, MacOS here.

Thanks for the answer! i hope that will help someone using Windows xD btw, srry for not adding my OS to the post. and I’ll try reinstalling even though I’m not on windows :wink:

whats your os then? Linux, MacOS?

You’re meant to use the package manager on Linux to install languages. I have no clue how it’s done on Mac.

On Mac you have to find respective dmg file on the internet, download it and install it by just double clicking on it :slight_smile: Or - from SL up - do it through System > Additional languages