English thesaurus offers English USA words in preference

I right clicked on the word “hue” and selected Synonyms, I was surprised to see the USA spellings of “color property” and “color” among the possibilities but not English UK “colour”. If I click in the menu on Tools | Thesaurus then colour and its variants are in the list but at the bottom below the English USA versions. My Operating system language is set to English (United Kingdom) US Keyboard, I don’t have English USA as a language pack. LO in Tools | Options the Language is set to English UK, Default language for Documents is English UK, current document is English UK, In Writing Aids English USA is unticked for spell check.

How do I get English UK words for synonyms?

Version: 6.4.4.2 (x64) Build ID: 3d775be2011f3886db32dfd395a6a6d1ca2630ff CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 18363; UI render: default; VCL: win; Locale: en-NZ (en_NZ); UI-Language: en-GB Calc: CL

Cheers, Al

No way. LibreOffice is supplied with a US thesaurus only:

en_GB is using the WordNet thesaurus from the en_US directory

(that’s from the description).

If you are so annoyed with the US spelling, either try to find a UK thesaurus at the extensions site (or the AOO extensions site), or edit manually the thesaurus file th_en_US_v2.dat (it is plain text in UTF-8).

Ok. It’s just that after years of Windows changing my language to USA after every update I’m getting sensitive to being forced to use their spellings and dates. Cheers, Al

2021-07-05 Update

In a standard English install (7.0.6.2), if I click on Thesaurus… I now also get some UK/NZ/AU spellings: colour, colourize, & colourise.

I tried the New Zealand Spellchecker which removed the right-click option for Thesaurus and did not add colour in the main window so was disabled. Anyway, NZ spelling is English (UK) with added extras.

I also tried the off-site extension linked from question How to install English thesaurus but I couldn’t find any extra words over current thesaurus.