Error:SAXException: [word/document.xml line 2]: Opening and ending tag mismatch: p line 2 and hyperlin

camicia nera.docx (366.1 KB)

Hello, after saving this file as usual, when I reopened it I got the error in title. If I go ahead, only 88 pages of the document appear; I don’t remember how many they were, but at least 120-130. If I try opening with WordPad, it also gets truncated, and if I try to use Notepad, I get unintelligible characters. Is there any way to retrieve the document? Thanks in advance for anyone who can help.

camicia nera.docx (369.8 KB)

1 Like

Thank you again!

Uploading: camicia nera.docx…
camicia nera.docx (452.8 KB)
Hello… it happened again with this new version of the same file… is it possible to fix it?

camicia nera (1).docx (450.8 KB)

Despite the experience you already had, you keep using the external DOCX file format as your primary format. Together with the use of an obsolete program version, this gives the problem again.

1 Like

Thanks. What should I do to avoid this happening again? I just downloaded LibreOffice a few months ago and use the default format…

No, you use DOCX. The default format is ODT. Its use is advised, because it’s the native format of Writer.

I don’t select the format when saving… it was already set as docx. I will try saving as .odt…

It might mean either that you continue using pre-existing DOCX files (and then the program would of course default to keeping the existing file format - but then, by default, it would warn you on first save of this file each working session, that saving to this file may loose formatting and/or data, unless you tick “don’t show this again”); or that you (or your system administrator) have configured your LibreOffice to use DOCX as the default file format (which is usually a bad idea).

Hello,

I have encountered a similar problem while I was editing a .docx manuscript with a lot of tracked changes in citations in Writer and then saved. From the forums I’ve seen that you’ve helped a lot of people with similar problems, so I wanted to ask if you could also please help me with mine. The error code is

SAXParseException: '[word/document.xml line 2]: Opening and ending tag mismatch: sdtContent line 2 and ins
', Stream ‘word/document.xml’, Line 2, Column 953500(Zeile,Spalte) entdeckt.

I uploaded the file at

I read through the discussions on this topic and tried fixing the tag errors in the document.xml myself using Notepad++ in a seperate copy but even after the XML syntax check shows everything is okay and I merge the file back into the .zip / .docx archive I can’t get it to work. Could you please help me out? As this is a research manuscript I would much appreciate it if you could message me directly about a potential fix.

Best,
Paul