File format error found in 349,7 (line, column)

I wrote a lot of math equations on the file and now I can’t open it. Help please.
I am using the version 7.2.2.2 (x64); Windows-7.

Format file: .rtf

I am using basic math componets of the software, I had the other backup but also doesn’t open.
Erro

I tried to upload the file but unfortunately this site does not support.

• Which File format do you use?
  • Are they equations from the Math component?
  • Had you made a backup before that?
  • Can you upload your file here so that someone can possibly examine it?

Have a look at:

LibreOffice Writer file will not open -- "file format error found at __,__ (row,col)"

Read-Error. Format error discovered in the file in sub-document content.xml at 2,82247(row,col)

Read Error. Format error discovered in the file in sub-document content.xml at 2,101004(row,col)

Can that help?

Rich Text Format in Wikipedia

Recommendation for a clean working with LibreOffice

Preventing data disaster

1 Like

Yes, the site filters allowed file types.
Please rename your file to e.g. file.ODT, and attach it here, mentioning that the file needs to be renamed back to RTF.

No. The RTF is completely different from ODT.

Update: I updated the software to the version 7.2.7.2. but it didn’t work.
I tried to open the file in other editors and it worked on Wordpad, I copied it and save again as a .odt. I have had lost the math components but some equations I had done was saved.

Update2: Now I open the old file in the Writer and it’s working. But I have lost the trust in the math components, I will just use text.
Thanks for the reply guys.

I would more lose trust in RTF format being able to support complex documents.

Always save in native format, .odt in this case, and export only to other formats if required. Never make changes to the exported file, only to the original odt and re-export…

Note that the ODF formats conform to ISO/IEC 26300 – Open Document Format for Office Applications (OpenDocument) while RTF is proprietory. ODF Wikipedia

2 Likes