Fill width of page with text using formating marks Not Working

Hello
I tried filling the width of the page with text using the previous solution posted https://ask.libreoffice.org/t/making-text-fill-the-width-of-the-page/26523/2 with solution from @LeroyG But it didn’t work. Not sure how to fix?

Thank you

Didn’t that do anything at all, or did it do something, but not what you wanted? Did you tick the regular expressions box? That’s essential for it to work.

1 Like

Yes I did tick the regular expression box. screenshot

Okay, that leaves the question what exactly happened or didn’t happen. Please don’t leave us guessing. Remember that when we use that widely known replacement command, it always works.

Please add as much relevant information as you can, like LibreOffice version (in case you are battling a bug), and possibly upload the troublesome document, if it doesn’t contain private data. That may help us help you.

The document is basic with no special formatting or images on it.

I updated to the latest version and even tried it on safemode. Here is the screen capture recording
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KGH0AgAJmESTcgi-FrHTyIhlYTMWqagd/view?usp=share_link

Don’s solution worked. Thank you floris for your help
“Try opening the Find and Replace dialog. Enter $ (not \n) in the Find area and nothing in the Replace area. Make sure Regular expressions is checked. Select Replace All.”

According to the screen capture, it looks like a space was entered at the end of each line and, then, the Enter key was hit. Thus a new paragraph was started.

Try opening the Find and Replace dialog. Enter $ (not \n) in the Find area and nothing in the Replace area. Make sure Regular expressions is checked. Select Replace All.

1 Like

It worked. Thank you Don.

Have a good day

In the quoted answer to another question there were two possibilities for ending the line, a line break or a paragraph break. You had to turn on formatting marks to identify which mark and then use the appropriate solution of the two given.

It might be worthwhile re-reading that solution and understanding it to help you in future cases

Thank you, I will do that.