Font Colors naming

I have been using NeoOffice on Mac for some years (now OS13) and had a problem which persuaded me to move to LibraOffice.
I have rather poor colour perception and when selecting a font colour on NeoOffice it would say, e.g.
“Blue 4”.
This does not appear when doing the same thing on LibraOffice and I can’t detect the colours from the tiny blocks. Is there a setting that can provide for this, please?

The exact name is LibreOffice. Or you are using some other software?
There is now way to name all of the possible color shades in the RGB range. There are 256x256x256 = 16777216 different colors.
The LibreOffice has more than one Pallettes, and you can create your custom pallette with custom color names.
And there is an extension to get the RGB value of the used colors in a specific document:
https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/rgb

The first thing you need to do (if your workflow currently is different) is to base as much of formatting as possible on styles - and next to no setting of attributes on hard formatting.
This already will reduce the need to pick colors to rare occasions.
The other thing is what @Zizi64 already mentioned:
Define your own palette using color names chosen by yourself, and being editable as plain-text files.
Having done so your “poor color reception” like mine will persist, but you can experimentally define colors using larger areas, learn the RGB codes for them (in Hex notation), and use these codes when re-editing your custom palette file to better meet your needs.

A users custom palettes need to be stored to the subfolder config of the root folder user for the user profile. The location of this profile folder depends on the OS.
As an example you may use the attached palette file
extraColorsLupp.soc.odt (445 Bytes)
which only defines TWO colors. The attachment needs to have a fake filename extension due to restrictions concerning uploads. When having placed it in the mentioned folder you need to remove the ".odt". Otherwise it won’t work.
Editing LibreOffice documents you will then find a new selectable color palette named "extraColorsLupp"
How to create groups and the like you may need to researtch yourself then. I’m not an expert of everything.

=== Editing ===
Below an example containing some elements being colored based on the mentioned palette and a few additional explanations:
extraColorExample.odt (41.4 KB)
=== End Edit ===

LibreOffice works with so-called color palettes.
In them you can define the color as a hex value and a free name for it.
If possible, do not use names that are already assigned.
As already mentioned here, you can save your own color palettes in .soc files.
Here is a tutorial for creating and embedding your own color palettes:

Create a new color palette

And here’s a Calc template that helps creating custom color palettes:
palettemaker

Hi @jfn
OP uses the OS Mac.
The extension you presented is only usable for Linux and Windows.

When LibreOffice allowed only one colour palette at a time, I downloaded a colour palette, standard.soc.vertical_KG.zip, from the OpenOffice forum, Apache OpenOffice Community Forum - [Solved] Palettes and Smooth colors in OpenOffice - (View topic)

I still use this colour palette in preference to the built in ones because of it orderly appearance with colours along the row increasing from hue to shade as you go down the column. It has a tooltip over each colour which is given in a percentage, for example, Red-Green 40%

Just add the unzipped file to the location shown in the link given by @Hrbrgr and restart LibreOffice. The first time you want to use it, you will need to select Vertical_KG palette in the colour box and then it will remain there until you change to another palette.

@Hrbrgr Ooops. Didn’t notice that :frowning:

Though PaletteMaker is not an extension but a template, I can’t check its compatibility with MacOS, indeed, as I haven’t got access to Apple machines.
BTW, I’d be interested in knowing about that compatibility.

Thank you EarnestAI for that suggestion.
I am afraid that at my advanced years, some of the other suggestions are rather beyond my capabilities and perhaps, not warranted for my limited use. However, I will try your suggestion as it seems to offer a similar solution to that in NeoOffice. Apologies for my typo on the name of the software!