general input/output error keeps destroying my work

Was this problem solved, because I just started getting it too. I just updated to the latest version, and it has appeared. The only other thing I can think of is that damned Access Control “feature” in Windows 10.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Hello, I am having the same issue right now and was wondering if there is a way to recover my file, when I try to use the “repair” option it opens a different file altogether. Sadly this file is quite important and I no longer have all info to redo it.

1 Like

I have only recently begun to have this problem, intermittently, using Calc. Today I eventually did a screen shot, closed the file (and libreoffice) and restarted libreoffice. Low and behold, I had lost today’s data, had to input manually again, and this time was able to save.
I may mention that I never turn off my computer for unconnected reasons, and I leave the calc file open so I can access it when information becomes available.

If you try to close a modified document you will be prompted concerning a ‘Save’ with three options.
This moment there’s always a little risk to choose the Don’t Save option inadvertently due to
-1- distraction or microsleep
-2- the wrong assumption the focus was on another document’s frame
-3- having done so a few times in advance for other documents
-4- hitting Alt+D instead Alt+S (The keys for D and S are next to each other.)
-5- being unable to suppress a sneeze
-6- …?
My way to avoid this is to always order a Save expressliy before I trigger the Close command.
I don’t actually know, but: Under specific conditions concerning the system settings or other person’s access there may also have occurred an unattended CloseDown/Restart cycle?
(I once printed about 1000 sheets of special paper without updated content on a remote printer inadvertently. It was a damage of about EUR150.)

Had same problem with Calc! I saved it as an Excel xls 97-2003 file. Saved fine, reopened it, and it wanted to find a file that crashed. Hit Esc and it opened OK. Then saved it as Ods file and again saved and re-opened, wanted to find a file that crashed again, click for it to find or fix it, didn’t, but opened OK again! Did same again only this time click to disregard the crash file. it did, opened OK 3 times so far with out any unwanted windows! Guess I got lucky. Was a 194KB size, Windows 10 LO 6.1.0.3.