Get hyperlinks inside OLE spreadsheet to work

I have an odt with an ods embedded inside as OLE object.
When opening the ods in LO Calc, I can click the hyperlinks and they open in the browser as intended.
When embedding the same document in a LO writer odt file though, I encounter two problems:

1. no hyperlinks clickable

Neither in odt when not actively editing the OLE object nor in exported pdf can the hyperlinks from inside the OLE spreadsheet be clicked or ctrl+clicked, the context menu doesn’t have the hyperlink options either.
None of the hyperlinks included in the spreadsheet cells give any URL when hovering over with the mouse.
Any hyperlink outside the OLE object in the same document works as intended though.

2. text hyperlinks mostly not opening when editing the OLE ods

When the OLE object is in edit mode, I still see the tool tip with the URL when hovering over the cell with the hyperlink. But when I click on it, the mouse changes, but no link opens. Though sometimes (maybe 10% of opening the document window without any change to the data and cell information in between) the hyperlink can be opened as intended.
If I use hyperlink buttons instead of hyperlink texts, they open reliably.

Edit: Both errors confirmed in LO Impress as well with the same ods embedded inside the odp.

There are several bug reports for both errors since 2014, e.g.:
no. 1: https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=76684
no. 2: https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=79363

Any experience or ideas how to get embedded hyperlinks to work as a workaround?

Version: 7.2.7.2 / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 20(Build:2)
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 5.13; UI render: default; VCL: kf5 (cairo+xcb)
Ubuntu package version: 1:7.2.7-0ubuntu0.21.10.1
Calc: threaded

Hello,

That information is in this post → This is the guide - How to use the Ask site?

1 Like

You can add yourself to the CC list so you get notified of changes in the report. Apparently, the more people on the CC list the more noticeable it gets. This is as opposed to just adding me too comments which muffles the clarity and upsets people

My workaround solution:

1. Create external ods from the previously embedded spreadsheet.
  2. Select cell range to be included in odt and copy it
  3. “Paste special” with ctrl+shift+v: insert as HTML

This solution is not as clean as the OLE version is supposed to be. Though it works for the moment…
If any better ideas are out there, let us know!