Graphical elements in Base GUI

I really love this product. It’s fun to use, and extremely useful. There are, however, a couple of graphical issues I can’t resolve. I’m not sure if they can be adjusted, or if they are a bug.
Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

MY ISSUE
In all “table” style graphics, the buttons in the Navigation bar (the First, Previous, Next, Last, & New buttons) are so small, it is difficult to accurately choose the correct one.

MY SETUP
Windows 10 (64 bit)
Windows Version 22H2
4k monitor
GPU - AMD Radeon PRO W6800, VRAM 32, 752 MB GDDR6
CPU - AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960X 24-Core Processor 24 Cores
RAM - 64 GB
Display resolution - 3840x2160
Scaling - 250%

The width of these buttons won’t be adjusted while zooming.

You could write a bug for this.

Note: Form control “navigationbar” will get the same problem - size of the icons doesn’t change while zooming.

Maybe as workaround, use Form control “navigationbar” and adjust the icon size to “large”

Thank you. I’ll try creating
a bug report.

In some form layouts, a “navigationbar” would be a great idea. In this particular form, and ones like it, I need to conserve on size. Thanks.

Another work around.
Since all the functions performed by buttons on a Navigation Bar are available as Actions on Push Button controls you could create your own Navigation Bar from Push Buttons sized and arranged to your needs.

1 Like

That’s a great idea. Size is a bit of an issue, and that’s why I was hoping to change the size of the buttons in their default location. I’ll definitely play with your suggestion. Thanks for weighing in.

See also this example by @Villeroy.

Well, that demo illustrates how to access the form controller API which may be a way to write simpler macros (after running routine_A, click that button, then call routine_B and so on).

Navigation buttons don’t require any macro code. Add push buttons to the right (sub-)form and assign actions “Next”, “Previous”, “First”, “Last” and “New” in the button’s property window.