Grocery list problems

I have a .odt file as a Grocery list which, with me as an elderly person, sends when copied as an e/mail to my daughter who then delivers. Naturally my requiremets change each time I send and therefore I embolden what is required and strike through what is not. Is there any simple way in which I can extract the emboldened items each time to a new file to then send to her?

IMHO, this is a task for Base, the database frontend, no for Writer.

Download the attached database document grocery_list.odb (27.5 KB)
A database consists of tabels, queries and forms selectable on the main window’s left side. You can forget about the prefabricated tables and queries.
There are 2 input forms:

• “Regular items” where you may enter most important items or items you need on a regular basis. I put 4 sample items into that form. In order to delete an item, you may either use the delete button in the middle of the form navigation tool bar or right-click the grey record selector on the left side of an item and choose “delete record”. You may also overwrite any item.
  • “Order input” where you select a date from a drop-down calendar and then write the order of that day into the list below. I added some test entries for today, 7th February 2024.
    The first column takes some extra specification such as color, count or other details. The second column takes some item name you may select from the drop down list or not. The drop down list suggest the items that have been registered in the “regular items” form. However, you are free to enter any text with a maximum length of 200 characters.

After finsihing the grocery list of the day:

• Close the form.
  • Click the reports section of the database main window.
  • Open the report which displays your grocery list in a text document.
  • Click menu:File>Send>Document As PDF… which should create a new Email with your grocery list attached in PDF format. PDF is readable on any device, including smartphones.

You can prepare grocery lists for any day in the future or go back in history. Both, the input form and the report to be sent, show the grocery list of the day selected in the order form.

There is a cumbersome possibility: SEARCH&REPLACE.
You may search all bold text - bold text parts are marked - leave SEARCH&REPLACE - copy - paste into another Writer file. The single words or text parts will merge as one word.
(Bare in mind that there is a difference in searching text with direct formatting and style formatting.)
My conclusion: Try out one of the alternatives given by the other advisers. - Cheers

let’s not overkill the bird; calc would already be a sufficient move :wink: