Highlighting before modifying

When you select a word, phrase or more to modify it, it should automatically change color, so that BEFORE you give a command, you know what parts of the text the command will affect. That has always been so. But suddenly, in my new Macbook Air, it does not. Instead the selection is framed in a hardly visibly outline. No color. How can I change this? I don´t like to work blindfolded!

Please test in safe mode, Menu/Help/Restart in Safe Mode

Maybe you have set high contrast mode and tdf#160036 applies, see comment 7 in the bug report where It can occur in MacOS too. Fixed for 24.8

1 Like

Thanks @mariosv, I tried starting in safe mode and it made no difference.

Thanks @EarnestAl ; I checked that, but my version of Libre Office is 7.6, so it should not have been affected.

I had set high contrast, but it made no difference to set it lower again. So, unfortunately, my problem persists. Since I am unable to work with this problem, please, someone, try to help. Or I may have to go back to my old computer. I connected it yesterday, and there is no problem there.
By the way, the same thing - no highlighting of selection - happens here, too!

The bug I quoted had no selection visible at all, sorry.

Have you tried adjusting the Highlight setting in the Mac, Change Appearance settings on Mac – Apple Support (UK) ?

You can turn off High Contrast in LibreOffice only in Preferences - LibreOffice - Accessibility.
If you want the high contrast icons, they can be found in Preferences - LibreOffice - View

I am not interested in high contrast icons but in high contrasts in normal text.

Basically, high contrast mode in LibreOffice turns off any colour background to the text and changed coloured text to black.
The selection highlighting should change to black highlight with white text.

You can change the selection highlighting in Preferences - LibreOffice - Advanced - Expert settings, find transparent selection and set it to False.

Also see How To Make Text Selection In Writer Visible?