How can I change all dates to another format in Writer?

Hi! How can I change all dates to another format in LibreOffice Writer?

Edit: I’m using LibreOffice 4.1 on Linux Mint 14 64bit. The date is a field. (Is there a way if it would be just plain text?)

Thank you!

Please edit your question to provide greater detail and an example. Include your operating system, LO version, and details such as whether the date is a field or plain text.

If the number of fields is small, then the Edit/Fields dialog will let you move from one date field to the next. So the method would be Edit/Fields; change the date format; move to next date; change the date format; etc.

If you have a number of fields to change from one format to another, then you can save the document as an .fodt file (plain text), then search for the date fields – they will look like <text:date style:data-style-name="N80" (plus the date). The "N80" will vary depending on the date format. You can use a plain text editor to globally change the "N80" to whichever format code you want.

Would be nice if there was some way with formatting styles. Let’s say there was an option dates and it would affect all dates.