How can I copy and paste from my browser into libreoffice writer?

I can copy and paste information from my browser only one time into Writer. After that the paste field remains blank and the paste special says I need to select something. Very annoying and time consuming to have to use WORD as an intermediary when I am trying to eliminate use of WORD.

Searching on the web for this problem ends up with a `problem solved’ message and much tiny font discussion that does not address the problem.

The same when I searched for `how to empty the Writer clipboard.

If anyone can provide a clear, plain english solution to this cut and paste problem I will be so grateful.

I use Windows 10 pro and Opera 72.0.3815.320. My LO version: 6.3.5.2 (x64)

Dec 4/20–Thanks for the suggestions so far…here is what is happening on my system:
*Confirmed previous behavior while attempting to copy from highlighted browser text and pasting to LibreOffice Writer. The first time–always seems to work properly. The second time, sometimes works but mostly does not. Successive trials do not work. However opening up a new document—always works one time.
*Changed browser from Opera to Edge…same behaviour.
*Checked out security–MalwareBytes is my virus protection and does not seem to be blocking. Checked out the *Windows Firewall settings: turning the firewall off worked but I could not repeat this and experienced the same negative behavior during repeated trials.
*Copying from another Writer document pasted correctly every time. So I can copy from Opera to a new word document and recopy into my desired document…seems backwards and convoluted in this day and age.
*update–just tried cntr-V to paste…it has worked every time, even when the right-mouse menu paste fails! I will continue to test this one out. Thanks!

just CTRL+V'd the 1st paragraph of your question about 20 times into a Writer document without a problem using:

Version: 7.0.3.1, Build ID: d7547858d014d4cf69878db179d326fc3483e082
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 5.3; UI render: default; VCL: kf5
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI: en-US, Calc: threaded

on openSUSE Leap 15…2 / KDE/Plasma desktop and no additional clipboard manager (i.e. the clipboard provided by KDE)

I get the same result as Opaque on Win10.

Version: 7.0.3.1 (x64)
Build ID: d7547858d014d4cf69878db179d326fc3483e082
CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19041; UI render: default; VCL: win
Locale: en-US (en_US); UI: en-US
Calc: threaded

What OS, LO version, browser? Question 280125 had a similar problem resolved by changing browser.

Is LO a trusted application in your anti-virus? The clipboard is shared and some programs restrict use for security reasons, some for other reasons or bugs. Cheers, Al

BTW no problems with Win10 (1909), LO 6.4.7.2 copying and pasting from Firefox 83.0 and Edge 87.0.664.52 two different items multiple times

When I search for “Opera clipboard” one of the first results is “Desktop Clipboard Manager by lunu-bounir”. If you have this it might be interfering with the clipboard operation as clipboard managers are prone to do.

Another result, the switch opera://flags/#easy-files appears to call the Windows Snipping Tool which does not play well with LibreOffice, i.e. cannot paste from it into LO if any modification is made by WST.

Although clipboard managers can be the cause of many clipboard problems, you could try turning on Windows built-in one and see if that is a work around. Click Start Menu > Settings > System > Clipboard > Clipboard History, switch to On. Previous copies since last boot , or permanent items, can be accessed by Win+V