How can I make sure that documents are on top of desktop items when opened?

I am using LO 4.3.3.2 in Solydk-64 (Debian 8.1) Linux. This question applies to at least Calc and Writer.

When I open odt, ods, or doc files from the file manager (Dolphin), some files are on top of the file manager and some are underneath. Some files may have been created with OpenOffice and others with various generations of LO. There seems to be no pattern to this and I suspect it is an option for LO, but I can find no trace of it. It is a bit of a nuisance not knowing where the file is going to appear on the desktop.

I have now tried the following: I opened an “on top” file, closed it and then reopened it and it opened UNDERNEATH. By repeated opening and closing, the file would change from “on top” to “underneath”, but it was not alternating between the two positions. The number of successive openings were random - sometimes two or three times “underneath” top" and then maybe once “on top”.

I tried the same process with a text file opening in a text editor, but it would ALWAYS open “on top”. It appears that there is some kind of position information that is being saved in the document when it’s closed - but it has a random characteristic to it and it seems to only occur when opening/closing with LO.

This item has been filed as Bug 92167.

Bug 92167 has been marked as a duplicate of bug 48300. Later versions of LO (4.4.5 and later) appear to not show the problem. This item is considerd closed.

In the german Ask. was asimilar complain for Windows. See the link here. Looks like it is a LO related bug. You should file a bug report here.