How can I remove underscore from hyperlinks?

How can I remove underscore from words that are hiperlinked? I want words that are free from underscore that sometimes comes with the hiperlink action

1 Like

The appearance of links is controlled by a character style called “internet link.” Open the style editor in the sidebar (F11), select “character styles” (second button on top), then right click on “internet link” character style to modify it: in the font effects tab you’ll be able to disable the underlining for that style.

1 Like

This answer assumes that no custom styles are currently applied to the text.

The answer in this post should help.

This can probably be done by using regular expressions directly in native/vanilla LO find & replace, but the alternative search and replace for writer tool gives much more flexibility, so you are better off using that. Within the tool, if you select the third button (the rightmost) Properties dropdown menu there is an underline property. Then in the Replace all box you can apply a newly created more suitable style using the replace dropdown menu. Then select replace all

If you do not wish to remove underlining through applying a new style, you can change direct formatting attribute of all underlined text and switch it off. The pick properties dropdown menu allows you to switch off underline. Look for CharUnderline=(0 or 1) click on it, then change the value to 0.

Thanks for your help, but I do not find this “search and replace for writer tool”. I found the “search and replace” at the Edit menu, but this is not what you are talking about. So, where do exactly I can find the funtion you mention in writer 6.4? Thanks

There is an answer in this post (a link) which describes the tool and provides a download link.

Here is the direct link to the Alternative Search & Replace tool.

Addition to @RGB-es’s correct and “universal” answer:

If you don’t need active links in your document, you can also right-click on each hyperlink and Remove hyperlink This command deletes the underlying link and removes the Internet Link character style.

To show the community your question has been answered, click the ✓ next to the correct answer, and “upvote” by clicking on the ^ arrow of any helpful answers. These are the mechanisms for communicating the quality of the Q&A on this site. Thanks!

In case you need clarification, edit your question (not an answer) or comment the relevant answer.