How do I disable ALT key shortcuts?

I previously used ALT + D to edit the “InputLine” however I recently update everything and when I press ALT + D it ops “Data” menu at the top.

I’ve read that this could be due to system settings however I’m lost as to how to change it as it worked fine no less than a week ago.

I’m on ubuntu using LibreOffice 7.2.3.2

Kind Regards

I am having the same problem. Any solution yet?

Here is a kludge → Change menu accelerator key

Thank you but that is not what I want. Prior to the latest update it was working fine. If I defined an Alt+F for Paste only formulas it worked nicely, overiding the File menu. Now it opens the File menu instead of pasting only formulas.
Like the title says, I want to disable the Alt key shortcuts for the menu, so we can use customized ones.

I am on Linux Mint 20.3 and LO 7.2.5.2

Update:
Actually the new version doesn’t even have the menubar.xml. I found it saved as a backup on the folder: ~/.config/libreoffice-old/4/user/config/soffice.cfg/modules/swriter/menubar/menubar.xml

Then you should probably file a bug report → Bugzilla

1 Like

Another user posted this as a bug however I don’t know how to “confirm” it. Maybe this is something you could help with? Either way its certainly an issue from vers 7.2.3.2 onwards as that’s the version I’m on and still having the issue.

tdf#146174

Confirmed & edited link for bug report.

1 Like

Thank you very much

I also just confirmed it as a bug

1 Like

The bug is also in 7.3.0. I just confirmed it in https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=146174

Seems to be a problem with gtk3 only - if I do:
export SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=qt5
or
export SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gen
and start LO from command line, the hotkeys work. (They also work in LO for Windows)

Then there are some smaller flaws with the icons though and with “gen” the menus look like Win98. But it’s workable at least until the bug is fixed.