I have a fresh installation of Lubuntu 16.04 (up-to-date). I then installed LibreOffice 220.127.116.11 (after downloading LibreOffice_6.0.2_Linux_x86_deb.tar.gz and extracting) using sudo dpkg -i *.deb
All works well EXCEPT Base.
- I open LibreOffice and click on Base Database.
- I create a new registered database.
- When I save the database, Libreoffice closes.
- I then reopen LibreOffice and open my new database for editing.
- It opens with the Forms icon highlighted.
- I click on the Tables icon to edit this database and LibreOffice closes.
I tried opening a different .obd file that I created in MS Windows. The same problem occurred when I clicked on the Tables icon.
I raised this matter in the Ubuntu forum and was told that LibreOffice Base is now not compatible with Ubuntu. Is that true?