How do I get Draw to treat my pdf as immages only?

I scan my receipts and need to submit certain ones. I don’t want to edit the text or images on any receipts, I just want Draw to pretend they’re immutable images, so I can just add in more receipts and reorder the pages as needed. However Draw keeps putting in text overlays (and make everything look aweful) as well as doing odd things to some of the images and logos on the receipts.

Is there any way for Draw to function as I need or do I have to find software better suited to the job at hand?
I used to be able to get Draw to do what I needed, no idea which version of LibreOffice that was. To any people who program, please change it back!

Please, improve your question.
Scanning produces images unless the scanning software tries to process the image for OCR (optical character recognition), in which case what you describe in Draw for text looks as a natural consequence. The scanning software identifies letters based on morphological properties but has no idea about the font name. It then tags text with some default font face. This font is not embedded in the file. When Draw displays text, it probably substitutes the font face for another one which unfortunately has not the same metrics, leading to the “odd things”.

The problem is not with Draw but with your scanning procedure. Save your scans as PNG (Draw can import this image format) or JPEG. You can list the accepted format in the Insert>Image dialog. It is likely that your scanning software goes beyond your requirement when you tell it to save PDF, not simply recording an image.

2 Likes

Note that, as @ajlittoz mentioned, the OCR of the scanner software does the recognition, not Draw (which simply has no code for that); and that means that, likely, you can check that simply opening a just-scanned PDF in a PDF reader (like Adobe Reader), and select the text already there, because the text layer is already present.