How do I get my line (vertical) movement to work as it used to in previous versions by default?

In old versions of LibreOffice I have used (one of which I had been forced to update from recently due to unsolvable issues leading to loss of functionality), when moving vertically using my arrow keys, it would move from where your typing began, which in general made navigation and fixing of typos extremely easy and fast.

Now, after the aforementioned update, it instead moves from where your cursor ended, in the same way that, for instance, Notepad, does. It is hard to quite explain what I mean, so I will attempt to demonstrate. For the purpose of this, ‘>’ symbolizes where I begin typing, ‘^’ symbolizes the path the vertical arrows take, and ‘|’ symbolizes where the cursor is/ends up.

What I am trying to get happen:

• Field A:|Text
  • …^
  • Field B:>Text|

What is currently happening:

• Field A: Text|
  • …^
  • Field B:>Text|

Any help would be appreciated in figuring out exactly how I go back to my preferred method

[EDIT for useful information: I have updated from 7.0.6 or 7.0.5, to 7.1.2 and my OS is Windows 10. The issue I was encountering in 7.0.6 seemed to be a localization-based bug/issue, so this seems unrelated.]

EDIT for the steps suggested: I have deactivated Skia, which seemed to have no effect, and then reactivate it with the same lack of effect. What two of the threads linked by LeroyG seem to be have been trying to deactivate sounds like what I’m currently trying to activate. I further find an issue with my user profile unlikely, as I had deleted said user profile in an attempt to troubleshoot the previous issues (before my update) to no effect.

As I understand your question, it says an unknown version of LibreOffice on an unknown operating system no longer does what a different unknown version of LibreOffice used to do.

Please edit your question to add information, see Ask Getting Started. You can get the information on current LibreOffice by clicking Help > About LibreOffice, in the dialog that opens click the button next to Version Information to copy to clipboard.

BTW: It works on my system the way you describe you want it.

Version: 7.0.5.2 (x64)
Build ID: 64390860c6cd0aca4beafafcfd84613dd9dfb63a
CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19042; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: en-NZ (en_NZ); UI: en-GB; Calc: CL

Similar questions:

Try to disable Skia in Tools → Options → LibreOffice → View → Category: Graphics Output → Option: [ ] Use Skia for all rendering and check whether that fixes/mitigates your problem

@anon73440385 (Mar 30 '21)

one of which I had been forced to update from recently due to unsolvable issues leading to loss of functionality

… and now after upgrading you still have issues. This makes my gut telling me: You may have a problem with your LibreOffice user profile.