How do I get the menu bar back, LO writer, Linux

The menu bar at the top of the window is no longer there. I don’t know what I did to lose it. The two button bars are still there, but not the File, Edit, etc. How can I recover it? Thanks.

I assumed that there must be a toggle that I hit by mistake. Thus the lack of detail on my part. It is clear (from [here]) Missing menu bar when LO launched from root – the opposite of my problem, since for me it is the regular usuer who lacks the LO menu) that it is an issue with the window manager & LO.
I’m running OpenSuse 15.1. The missing menu occurs with KDE (Plasma, 5.55.0) and the current version of Gnome (3.26.1). LO is fine with ICEWin. Likewise if I run soffice from root, the menu is there, and it is clearly using a different window manager (icons, colors are different from what a regular user gets). I would be happy to have what root has for regular user, though I admit I do not know how to find out which each is using.
If I have failed to provide some needed piece of information, please ask.

I don’t know how OpenSuse packages are organised. In Fedora, I queried the installed packages for libreoffice-*. I then found a discrpancy between my window manager and the installed LO support.

I think ICEWin only needs libreoffice-x11, GNOME is fine with libreoffice-gtk3. The latter one caused incompatibility with KDE which I resolved uninstalling libreoffice-gtk3 and installing libreoffice-kde5. Not knowing exactly what is kf5 vs. kde5, I also installed libreoffice-kf5… After that, I recovered my menu bar.

You can tell which package is active with Help>About Libre Office. It is the VCL: parameter.

Thanks. libreoffice-gtk3 is installed. libreoffice-kde5 and -kf5 are not, nor are they available in the repositories.Since I lack the menu, I cannot access help (unless there is some workaround from the button bars which I have not found). Running it as root gives this:
Version: 6.3.3.2.0+
Build ID: 30(Build:2)
CPU threads: 6; OS: Linux 4.12; UI render: default; VCL: kde5;
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US
Calc: threaded

Any other ideas? Thanks again for the help.

I also tried deleting libreoffice-gtk3 in case it was conflicting with something in the kde. That had no effect on either the user or the root instance of LO. (Root still works; user still lacks the menu bar).

You didn’t describe thoroughly the symptoms nor your configuration (there are so many Linux distributions!), so I cleanly wiped my crystall ball and tried to see your computer through it.

Have a look to my answer here and check your context with your package manager.

If this doesn’t solve your problem, edit your question to provide additional details. Don’t use an answer (which is reserved for a solution).

To show the community your question has been answered, click the ✓ next to the correct answer, and “upvote” by clicking on the ^ arrow of any helpful answers. These are the mechanisms for communicating the quality of the Q&A on this site. Thanks!