How do I navigate a pdf?

Have imported an editable pdf (a multipage form), which automatically opened in LibreOffice Draw. Am using Windows 11 and LO version 7.5 1.2 (x86_64). But only one page (slide?) opens at a time, and none of the navigation buttons at the bottom left work. The only way round this is to click Page then Navigate, but this only allows movement of one page back or forth, not much fun when there are 42 pages in the document. How can I make this easier please?
Also, how can I set the Style first, so every time I fill in a box the font/ font size/ alignment etc are always the same?

Help us to help you: re-open your question (click on … below it then on the “pencil” icon) to mention OS name and LO version.
Please note that Draw is not a PDF viewer. It is a graphical editor (Draw considers a PDF as a container for graphical shapes) and, depending on PDF contents and configuration, you may not get visual fidelity.

Filling in an editable PDF form is better done (in a more user-friendly way) with a real PDF viewer.

Thanks. Can you recommend a stable and free PDF viewer?

1 Like

I am not under Windows but you can try Adobe PDF Reader which is free AFAIK and since it comes from Adobe it should have no problem.

Thanks again. Sadly the free version of Adobe PDF Reader for WIndows doesn’t support editing or saving, you have to pay for that option. In the meantime LibreOffice is fine.

Recommended to read: The relevant answer to an old question concerning this topic.
The point there is that you can open pdf files page- and position-true with Writer.
The resulting document will still not contain flowing text as Writer does in its “native mode”, but graphical Shape objects.
Anyway you can edit the document and the ShapeText objects.
Don’t save the Writer document, but “export” it to pdf if you need that file type. With large documents the steps may take some time.
(I can’t tell you more about this feature because I next to never use it myself. And specifically I can’t tell to what degree Writer can replace a native pdf editor this way because I never used such an editor. All the pdf I made were exported from Writer.)

2 Likes

You previously asked for a PDF viewer = reader, not an editor.

1 Like

Many PDF readers, certainly Adobe Acrobat, allow to edit the elements of input forms such as input boxes, option buttos, check boxes, list boxes etc. Usually, you can tab from one form control to the next one.

2 Likes

You only wishes to fill out a form, wich can be done with free Adobe Reader.
Edit and save is changing the source of the pdf.

Thanks everyone, I understand now.