How do I open a Form with first field already selected/highlighted?

I have a query that searches on two parameters, and a three-item form that runs fine based on that query. When I do my part and enter what I am looking for properly, the form displays the expected results. Rather than have to manually highlight the first item on the form each time, I would like the form to focus and highlight/select what is there when it is opened.

Here is a picture of how I would like the form to open:
FormAsNeeded

I have tried to change the controls for tab order, tab stop, enabled, hide selection, etc.

Thanks for the help!

Hello,

Current LO version (you do not mention yours) 7.3.0.3 on Ubuntu has a bug. Normally you could set a property for this (property noted in link). You can still do this with a macro. Please see this post → Select whole contents of a field when receiving focus .

Bug should be reported here → Bugzilla

Edit:
Note that the bug is if the field to highlight is the first field in the form. Other fields work with just the property set. Should be able to overcome this with a macro triggered by the focus received event.
Also here is a link to some code for setting or getting a text selection → Control cursor position within a field in Base