How do I open an old version of access datab se in base/

I have a database created using probably Access 2003. I need to recover the files and the work how can I open this db?

Hello,

You can connect base to an Access database but you will only get the data - tables. You will not get forms or reports or macros. That is an MS Office capability.

You do not state your operating system. There is a JDBC connection you can use. See this post for links to installing this connector → How to create data source for MDB database?

Just following along, for the sake of learning. I was not able to “see” my sample MS Access MDB database. When I attempted to use the ODBC option, I received the message that libodbc.so. was missing. I am using Mint 19.3. libodbc.so was installed thorough apt-get install unixodbc. See Libodbc.so.1 missing. please help - #2 by qubit1. That cleared the libodbc.so issue. I manually added by MS Access database to the registered list. But I was unable to go any further.

PS: Ran across this tutorial: [Tutorial] MS Access and OOo Base (View topic) • Apache OpenOffice Community Forum
MDB tools is available in the Mint 19.3 repository.

@SteveR

There is no known method in Linux to connect via ODBC.

See answer, comments and Bug links here → How to create data source for MDB database?

I read that. “Solutions” are ephemeral over time. Just exploring the possibilities that may have since emerged as a learning experience. I am no longer using Access. Gave it up years ago. Now using Mariadb.