How do I print say four copies of a document on a single sheet

I have a single page form laid out at A6 size as I wish it, but I want to print it four up on a single A4 sheet. As things stand I have to enter 1 four times in the pages to print dialogue, select 1/4 of the number of actual copies I need in the number of copies box and then select four pages per sheet on the page layout tab. Surely there is a simpler way? I would have expected simply to have to enter the number of copies of the file I needed and set up the page layout. I hate to say it but that is how word handled it years ago…

Libre Office v4.2.2.1

Maybe it’s just different expectations, but what you describe as working doesn’t sound at all complicated. I can’t quite picture how Word used to handle it, in fact. Wouldn’t “set up the page layout” more or less correspond to what you’re doing with the print dialog in Writer?

I tried your problem to do with Word 2010 Starter and it did not do it. Same like writer.

Might have found a work around. Select New-> Labels and select in the list a postcard format, in the options tab check synchronize Labels. The lable sheet is now Landscape, you maywant to change the page to portrait and the text frames accordingly to A6.

The top left label is your master that can be edited and you should have a floating window with a button “Synchronize Labels”. After you finished editing click this button and all labels are synchron and printing the page on A4 paper gives you the result you want w/o much copying etc.

I hope it helps and I fully agree with you that there should be an easier option available.