How do I remove a section of grid lines on a spread sheet?

I can’t find the answer to this in the manual

select that section of the spreadsheet, easiest is to click on one corner of the selection then hold shift and click on the other corner so its selected, or ctrl A for the entire sheet. right click in selection. Format cells, borders, and under Line arrangement, Default there is a row of 5 little boxes, click on the most right one to remove all added lines.

also if it is just the default lines the calc comes with there is a button called “toggle grid lines” in the mane menu line, to the right of the change font colors menu.

@rikyticky - Where in the Calc main menu is the “toggle grid lines” function? Is this an icon in Calc? In know about a setting in the option.

@ROSt53: There is an icon (on mine) top 2. row, last right. Also from Help:

To hide grid lines: Under the menu item Tools - Options - LibreOffice Calc, go to the View tab page. Unmark Grid lines. Confirm with OK.

@horst - Thanks for comment. The Options-setting in know. I do not find a button or menu item. In help I also can’t find information on an toggle button for grids in Calc. Any idea what @rikyticky mentioned? The toggle button could a nice feature. Usually I use white lines.

@ROSt53 The toggle button is in the Formatting Toolbar last checkbox in Tools>Customize, Toolbars.

@horst - Thanks! “Formatting Toolbar” was the key information.

some grid lines not showing in excel no problem see the video and know how to solve this.

I tried this-didn’t work. I’m just trying to remove the default grid lines. When I choose Toggle it removes all grid lines, not just the section selected. I’m switching from Excel & use a Mac. In Excel I just just changed the color of the lines to white.

“In Excel I just just changed the color of the lines to white.” This is what you do in Calc as well. See answer by @horst

@ROSt53 as mentioned by @lin it works on the screen but NOT in Print Preview and Print. Looks like a bug in LO because Border Lines should overwrite grid lines.

@horst - That the “whiter border lines” does not work on Print Preview and Print has to do with the fact that Calc does not print grid lines until they do not have a non-white border color. From that point of view I would not regard it as bug. In my case (LibO 4.2.7.) border lines overrule grid lines.

It is similar here. Select the cells you want to get rid of the lines, right click > Format Cells. Under Borders click on “All Border” and under border colors select “White”.

You don’t remove the lines you paint them over with white lines.

That worked on the screen, but not on the print copy.

some grid lines not showing in excel no problem see the video and know how to solve this.

There has to be a way to do this-it’s a basic function for spreadsheets!