How do I set up a JDBC connector for MariaDB (or MySQL) in Base?

@Easytrieve The aforementioned Native connector works in connecting to AOO, and again, it is much faster than JDBC connection. Also, using mysql-connector-java-5.1.35-bin.jar I had no problem with JDBC connection leaving com.mysql.jdbc.Driver as is.

@Ratslinger, I hear you but I’m confused. If you install this does it mess up LO, "The problem is that it replaces the installed one and I can’t seem to find where to get the original again. "? Also it only says works with LO 4.2 & 4.3. ?? My memory is failing, but I thought there used to be a native option and it was removed for some reason. Now I don’t see Native under Connect to an existing database. Also looks like you are running w/ mysql (oracle) driver, not maria ?

@EasyTrieve Sorry for the confusion. The v1.2 is what works for both LO & AOO. The location is here. As for the JDBC, the Oracle works with AOO & MariaDB but the Maria connector does not.

End of step 4: your uncertainty about ODF

ODF is a generic term not an actual file extension. It stands for Open Document Foundation or Open Document Format depending on the context. So an ODF spreadsheet has an extension .ods for example, an ODF database. odb, and so on. LO and OO both use ODF formats by default

Hope that clarifies