How do I turn a small image into a hyperlink

I am using Draw to create a web page. I want to use hyperlink to jump from page to page within my document. I have created hyperlinks using text, but I haven’t managed to turn my small logo image into a hyperlink. I want to use it to jump to the home page.

Can’t you add a hyperlink for your object using right mouse click > menu Insert > Hyperlink ?
Then (menu File) export.

It’s up to you to use draw for that purpose, better start (menu File) an new HTML document from the beginning and insert a bitmap image as a carrier for the hyperlink.

It appears you cannot put a hyperlink into a GROUP. Ungroup and place hyperlinks in images or text.

Just select the image and use Insert → Hyperlink: on Draw it seems to do nothing, but when you export as html the link is active. You can also use Edit → Image Map to map different parts of a picture to different urls.

Just a note: Draw is not the right tool to create html pages. Beyond something really basic (and even there) the html code it generates may not be top quality. If you need to create web pages on a regular basis, consider the use of a dedicated tool.

Okay, I’ll try it soon here. Fingers crossed hoping that my seemingly non-functional links are working when published. The text ones work in the document, but not when trying to do it with a button. RE: Using Draw for html, I believe you…I’m just starting simple and will go from there. I don’t like paying for subscriptions, so I need to find a good free or one-time pay software. If you have any suggestions… :slight_smile:

@mamajmt check this article and all the comments bellow it: 7 open source alternatives to Dreamweaver

Thank you. I might also just try the html editor on my host platform. You might be able to tell that I’m a bit new to this game. My other website is just edited on weebl y.