How find validity range on 1 sheet out of many

Every sheet has the same drop-down validity function. Only 1 sheet has the actual range operation. How find the sheet with search or find menu?

Why do LO designers call a language a category? on this website - good reason please!
https://ask.libreoffice.org/

Reasons are needed when there is an argument. Please provide a reason to doubt reasonability of this (and so, a reason for someone to try to reach people and their decisions, do some legwork, just to provide such reasons).

If you have a proposal / enhancement, provide them constructively.

1 Like

Sorry, but the description of your problem is not detailed enough.
Your spreadsheet has many sheets, these sheets have drop down lists created using a Data - Validity - Criteria - Cell range. You don’t remember where exactly the data source for these drop down lists is and you are trying to find this range of cells using the search or search menu?
Did I understand your difficulty correctly?
In this case, you have chosen a long, difficult and wrong path
Go to the cell with the drop-down list, select the menu Data - Validity - Criteria tab, click on the Shrink button next to the Source field and Calс will try to show you the area of ​​cells from which the data for the list was taken. Of course, this may not work if instead of the address of a range of cells, this field contains a formula.

I do not know which sheet contains the one and only validity range. This is why I tried search without success as the words in the list also appear on other places.

I asked: Every sheet has the same drop-down validity function. Only 1 sheet has the actual range operation. How find the sheet with search or find menu?

What is missing in the question? I am eager to learn, sticking ti the subject. Tks.

I shall add a search cell aboc the range, call it ValidityRange. This should work with Search All sheets. Then I won’t need to ask again.

SpecialCells » Extensions can help you to find all ranges with validation. The dialog about formatting shows “” for all ranges having some validation.

Hi,

you may also use TheCAT extension which has provisions for validity criteria.

If the drop-down list contains an unique word the search all sheets function on the edit menu works. But if the same word appears dozens time a better way is needed, display sheet_name & Cell_Range.

As you asked about the “category”, you know the main page. May I recommend to read also the guiding text linked there to find out, why it is no good idea to use “answer / suggest solution”. It is preferrable to use comment (the speech-bubble to the right):