How to avoid the warning ‘Missing hyphenation data’?

In one of other similar questions I saw a suggestion that works for me. It is that If you use Tools>Language>For All Text menu to set the language for one of your installed, and probably expected languages and save, that file stops asking for hyphenation support.

Obviously, if I choose a language for which the hyphenation package exists, the system won’t ask for it.

Obviously… The root cause of the problem I guess is erroneous languages that appears in the text out of thin air. Lots of people are mentioning “editing with Google Docs” as a reason. I do not use Google Docs, or Google Drive for that matter, for one year or so. However I use LibreOffice on macOS and Linux, and keep finding the same problem in recently edited files.

Oh well MSO and Apple Pages etc have far worse problems.

1 Like

No, just no. Not obvious at all.

My OS locale is Irish. My LibreOffice install is Irish. The document was created with Irish as the language for all text and it has never been anywhere near any cloud storage. Irish proofing tools are installed.

Now, suddenly today it complains about hyphenation.

I know this is volunteer support, but it’s still disappointing when people jump to the conclusion that it’s something weird the user has done. This is more likely to be caused by a change in LibreOffice or a change in the OS.

Unlike your position I am in a mixed environment (Ubuntu en_gb and macOS that is in English (with Turkish and Italian as secondary languages) but Apple irresponsibly call LANG="". I also use lots of Turkish documents. However Libreoffice (release, not beta or alpha as some people here assume) was working perfectly. Some moths ago I was forced to upgrade macOS and Libreoffice, not at the same day but probably within the same week or so which lead to this problem. I was under impression that Apple instance corrupts files, but after reading comments like yours here, I carefully checked and found files those never edited in Apple but having the same problem.