How to disable LO Base report menu and Edit bar

Hi there,
Is it possible to disable the menu and edit bar that appear on LO Base reports by a macro, much the same as disabling Form toolbars/menus can be achieved, which I have done successfully ?
I want to remove any concept/possibility of Base reports being modified on-screen after they’ve been created.
Thx.

Hello,

I want to remove any concept/possibility of Base reports being modified on-screen after they’ve been created.

Frankly I don’t see where that is feasible. No matter what steps you may take, people always find a method around it.

Removing the menubar from a report (a Writer document) can only be done once the report is created. Therefore the report needs to executed from a button on a form. Once the report is opened the layout is available for modification.

Sample ------ ButtonToStartReportNoMenu.odb

This has one form with a button to run the report.

More problems do still exits. Even with the report created, a right click brings up a context menu which then allows editing. Have not found any means to disable this. One possibility is to install (when .odb is started) a mouse click handler to bypass any right key click.

Another possibility is to convert the created document to PDF (in the macro), save it, close the Writer document & re-open the PDF.

Now again back to the opening statement. Even creating a PDF or removing menu(s) there are methods to modify. Doesn’t even take much research. Each solution will come with a new situation. I don’t even see any benefit of removing this menu bar. So you can look at the result on the screen. Without the menu bar you can’t save or even print it. You need someone to look over your shoulder to see the report. And if that is the case, what not just run the report with someone watching?

Response and info appreciated as it has provided me with a way forward. Many thanks. :sunglasses:

@Coder99,

You have once again closed the question as “the question is answered, right answer was accepted” yet no answer is marked as accepted. Have brought this up before.

Apologies for this oversight, :relaxed:.