How to insert copied columns

In excel when columns or rows are selected and copied an insert option is available to insert the copied columns or rows elsewhere on the sheet.

Is there a way to do this in Calc?

When I copy a group of contiguous columns and go to insert the copied columns there is only the insert column option in the context menu which only creates a single new blank column.

Try drag-and-drop selection with hold Ctrl+Alt… See here

@JohnSUN – please add your suggestion as an Answer instead of a Comment so that it can be marked as correct if it solves @taklecker’s question :slight_smile:

@qubit1 - The decision to which I referred in the comments, we are talking about moving the rows, not columns. Therefore, it is not a complete answer to this question.

@JohnSUN’s link to the short video is a great demonstration once the objective is to move/copy rows/colums at the end of table. ( I would like to know how to make such a movie. JohnSUN??? )

Moving/copying rows/columns in between rows/colums is a bit tricky and require preparation of space.

What I am explaining and showing for the example of copying colums is valid for rows and moving as well.

Start situation:
I want to copy colums B+C between columE+F

Preparing space:
Inserting of 2 columns to create space

Copy result can be achieved with copy & paste or drag &drop with ctrl key pressed

We can omitted step 2 - drag-and-drop selections with pressing Ctrl and Alt (both keys). @ROSt53 - I use just a small portion of the possibilities of this program - UVScreenCamera

@JohnSUN - I tried key combinations but missed the alt+ctrl. This is very good feature. If i am not completely wrong, EXCEL doesn’t have this one.
Thanks also for the hint with the camera. I need to test… but need some time…

@JohnSUN - I tried key combinations but missed the alt+ctrl. This is very good feature. If i am not completely wrong, EXCEL doesn’t have this one.

Excel do it with context menu after drag by right button of mouse

see this extension- Wrap & insert toolbar

This extension for calc create a toolbar which has button for wrap text in selected cell(s), unwrap text in selected cell(s), insert copied row(s) or cell(s), insert copied column(s)or cell(s) and paste value

see this also