How to permanently format all table contents as text

I’m creating a large text table in LibreOffice Writer in which numerals do occur but only as text and are never to be used for calculations. However, when I close and reopen the table all the text in cells that also contain a zero (as part of a label) disappears, leaving only the zero. This does NOT happen to other cells containing numerals OTHER THAN zero.

The problem happens if I do not first, every single time I close the table, select the entire table, go to “number format” under “table,” and re-select either format numbers as text or as user-defined. That works. However, I’d of course prefer to be able to format everything in the table as text once and not have to do it every time I close the table.

Any ideas?

Could you upload an anonymized sample file showing the symptom? What is your setting of
Table -> [ ] Number Recognition?

Do you save as .odt (native format) or .doc(x)? In the latter case, your formatting may not be saved in the foreign formats if it is not part of the format specification.

I have Number Recognition turned off but the table still does not treat numbers as text. This is extremely frustating

This is not an answer to the problem, so, please, use the mre link under this “non-answer” to repost as a comment.