How to re-run Spellcheck

I’m running Writer from LibreOffice Community 7.3.7.2 on Mint 21.2 with Xfce.

I’m working with DOCX files.

I do a spellcheck on a file. Works great.

Later I want to spellcheck that same document again. But when I try, it tells me THE SPELLCHECK IS COMPLETE.

How can I get it to run Spellcheck again on that same document?

Thank you.

Close the document and reopen, the spell check flag is per session.

Thanks for replying, EarnestAI. I tried that and it didn’t work. I also tried introducing an artificial change into the document, closing it, opening it again, and that didn’t work either. That’s why I’m mystified. I mean it really seems that the spellcheck flag should be reset every time you open a document. Could the problem be caused by the fact I’m working with DOCX files?

If you have corrected the words or added them to the dictionary then they will be correct and won’t be flagged again. Only Ignored errors will be flagged again.

If you want to edit your user dictionary to remove wrongly spelt words then, in the Spell check dialogue, click the Options button. A new dialogue will open, select the dictionary (the user dictionary is normally labelled Standard [All]) that you want to edit then click the Edit button

Thank you, EarnestAI. That solves my problem. I incorrectly added a misspelled word to my dictionary.

Thanks again!