I have a particular request for a problem that I would like to solve using the Libreoffice Writer features automatically, without making the repeated manual changes that a novice user would do.
I created a style called Summary. When I write within paragraphs associated to the Summary style I need that
- every time I click the list button to create a new one it has a numbering 1,2,3 and has no horizontal indentation
- each list must continue with the numbering concluded in the previous paragraph Summary
- occasionally, I can manually change the numbering, for example although the previous paragraph Summary ended with an element that had the number 46, I can in the next paragraph restart (manually) from 49 instead of 47
- all this must happen only within the Summary style
I hope I have explained well. Of course there are several possible ways, but I would like to know which is the best approach to take, that is the one that saves me time and does a job brilliantly.
Thank you very much
---- Edit Apr 11, 2021 ----
I have a new need.
I have written several acts from 1 to 36, all regularly in this sequence
[archival reference] [act summary] (with style called Summary, automatically numbered) [Description]
Now I have to insert two acts that I need to (manually) enumerate 36A and 36B (or 36a and 36b) whose relevant contents must also appear in the alphabetical index (you can understand better by reading my other question alphabetical index referring to a different numbering than pages ).
Then I will restart with number 37.
What is the method that libreoffice offers me?
---- Edit Apr 12, 2021 —
Also consider that each act summary is level 3.
At the beginning of the book there is an index of acts (this is a TOC) in which I show all the summaries
1. [act 1 summary] 2. [act 2 summary] ... 36. [act 36 summary] 36A. [act 36A summary]
My need is to show the list as above. I tried to define a “Summary (2nd level)” style for the management of level 4 with numbering A, B, C … and then modified the aforementioned TOC so that it collects not only level 3, but also level 4. Very well, it works, but the problem is that in the summary after 36 appears A and not 36A. Are there other avenues that meet my need?
Here you can find a sample of my work. The book is written in italian, just go to Protocollo 1. Look at the sequence 1,2,3 (regular - “Sommario atto” style - level 3) and after A, B (“Sommario atto 2nd level” style - level 4). Then normally to act #4
sample for forum.odt
Thanks a lot