How to split a document window

Writer: Is there any way to split the view in the document window?
In other words: can one have a view of two places in the same document at the same time? As in Word, the View / Split menu is… ?

You can’t.

But you can open a second window on the same document. Then, manage the geometry of the windows across your screen or screens.

1 Like

image001.png

A new window is an inaccessible option for me! (see atached picture…)

Opening the same document again doesn’t work for me either!

What about it?

What could it be?

Thank you for your response.

AB

I could not reproduce Window>New Window disabling, even through manipulation of access rights. I am under Linux and can’t tell for Windows.

Do you use Web layout?
tdf#60129

3 Likes

Please, don’t ask double withou telling about it. Thanks.

Yes, I was under Web layout.

Thanks for help.

AB

Why, then, is there a choice of different languages?

And what if I only wrote a one-slicer (ask), but in Mongolian language? How long before I get an answer to my question?

?!

This was likely in response to

So please pay attention to the emphasis I made: you are free to cross-post - but please say so, so that aswerers know there’s another place where it’s discussed, and possibly don’t waste time repeating an answer already given in that other place.

1 Like

General: if the ordinary user often errs and their behavior does not match the intention of the system creators, it is evident that the error is not on the user’s side, but the creator of this system!

Here it is obvious that the user feedback and mutual information system is RATHER PATCHy!

Here it is obvious that someone who was asked to follow some guidelines continues attacking those who asked that.

It’s not clear to me if this is about the ask site use or about the window spliting issue.

1 Like