How to switch to Math markup window in Writer by keyboard?

When I enter a Math formula in my document in Writer, I press Alt-Shift-E, and the markup language window opens. But it’s out of focus. And I must grab the mouse and click on it to enter a formula. Quite inconvenient. Is it possible to assign a keyboard shortcut to switch to that window? Thanks. :slight_smile:

Hmm. I can start typing immediately. Same with 7.3.1.3, except then it is Ctrl+Alt+=. I frequently enter the markup in Writer, select it and then press shortcut which converts it without needing the Math window at all
What version and OS?

Version: 7.6.4.1 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: e19e193f88cd6c0525a17fb7a176ed8e6a3e2aa1
CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 22631; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: en-NZ (en_NZ); UI: en-GB
Calc: CL threaded

Yes, for small pieces of math it’s handy to just enter markup in the text, select it and press the hotkey. But if it’s something bigger, a visual feedback is a must. UPD: yes, I can start typing in the main window, didn’t notice that at once. But still, a shortcut to switch windows would be useful.

Version: 24.2.2.2 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: d56cc158d8a96260b836f100ef4b4ef25d6f1a01
CPU threads: 12; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19045; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: ru-RU (en_US); UI: en-US
Calc: CL threaded

Just a note:
according to the LibreOffice Release Notes 24.2

If that mode is disabled in
Options LibreOffice Math Settings, “Enable visual editing”,
the formula editor (“the markup language window”) gets focus by default.

Setting

Thank you, it works! :slight_smile: Visual editing is also handy, but it inserts unwanted tildes, so I still have to switch to the command window and delete them. A possibility to assign a switcher hotkey would be the best solution, but, as I understand it, that’s not possible yet.