I am trying to know how to print an envelope with LibreOffice. How can you do that?

I am unable to find the link to print an envelope along with the letter that I just typed? What link do I use to be able to print an envelope with the address from the letter?

What link do I use to print an envelope?

Hello,

Please only use an answer to actually answer the original question. Further information can be added to your question with an edit or use add a comment.

Please delete this.

Hello,

The information in your question is vague. Please see the links in the comment and answer for this post for possible help → How do I print an envelope?

There are many more posts on this site regarding envelopes - search print envelope.

There is the Insert - Envelope menu item.

This will insert a special envelope page, and create frames for envelope content.

There is the manual way

• Copy the address to clipboard (select, then ctrl+C)
  • Open a new blank document for your envelope (ctrl+N)
  • Set the new document to an envelope page size
  • Menu selection Format - Page
  • select Page tab
  • In the Format field, select the envelope size you are going to use
  • Move the insertion point to where the address should be, by
  • Repeatedly press enter, or…
  • Set margins, or…
  • Insert a frame, drag it in place and select it for insertion (press Enter)
  • Paste the address you copied in the first step

Writer does not have any automatic features to identify your address and select correct envelope size, so this is a manual procedure. If you do this frequently/in large volumes (mailmerge procedure), you may be better off to create a template where the envelope and letter pages are in the same document, and content of one “address container” is automatically copied to another. For a single instance, the above procedure is simpler and more intuitive.

There is the actual print procedure

When the printer is instructed to print the envelope, it needs to change paper type. If you don’t have a separate envelope feeder, you should receive instruction from printer front panel (or onscreen messages) about feeding envelope manually.

Note that envelope formats are not handled reliably by all printers.

• There is a minimum sheet size. If you feed an envelope which is smaller than that, you risk that it stops somewhere in the paper path.
  • Envelopes have flaps, which may catch in the feed mechanism.